Sunday, October 18, 2009

How will I know if I've gotten there??

The level of training available to new beauty consultants is great! There are classes on booking, hostess coaching, holding skin care classes, make up application, time management, money management...you name it, they have a class you can take either on-line, via teleconference, or on site. Directors are a wonderful source of information.

I just graduated a six week teleconference Exceptional Booking Class. The information was very valuable and insightful. At the beginning there were 22, only three of us graduated! I'm sure it was the minimal assignments we were given each week that led to the extremely high drop out rate (87% ouch)
What I am seeing more and more of is these 'part-timers' in the business. Women who, for the most part, do no active selling. They place orders to fulfill their personal needs and, if people they had as customers are needing product, they will add that to their order.

One of the concepts is to not 'steal' each others customers. I struggle with this in many respects. As a customer, if my IBC was not concerned with my needs and I only filled in the cracks for her, I would welcome service from another consultant.

Last night I was out with Hubby and a woman took my business card and said she'd order from me as long as I didn't tell her IBC. I asked if she had problems and she stated that basically the only time she ever heard from her consultant was when she wanted her to place an order. I try to build relationships with my customers. I am interested in their families, work, hobbies, etc. I see people when I talk to my customers, not dollar signs. Isn't this how you build a customer base? Is it really all about money?? Am I crazy? (don't answer that)

If I am not satisfying my customer I HOPE they either tell me or find somebody who will...they pay good money to be recognized and appreciated. I ask how often they like to be contacted and follow through. I follow up on orders, give samples of products they may like to try based on products they've used in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment