Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Definite Plan (Maybe)

After going over the numbers last night (isn't that how everybody wants to spend their Saturday night) I think I've figured out a way to spend out tax return that brings some relief.

If the debts are paid in the following order:

Debt                          Balance              

Savings 1,000.00
Lawyer 2,480.32
NSB 863.3
Taxes 1,711.81
Gas Card 391.29
CC 1 430.57
CC 2 443.33
CC 3 787.78
CC 4 700.00
CC 5 2,211.24
Furniture Card 2,489.04
Vehicle Loan 2,866.51


We will be able to bring all our bills current and pay off everything up to and including CC 5. This will be FIVE less bills each month, and I like that! I haven't figured out yet how long it will take to pay off the other two bills, but am pretty sure it would be within a year...if we can put $600/month towards the remainder then the final payment would be December 2010. Wouldn't that be a neat Christmas gift to ourselves!

Hubby did suggest (and I had thought about it earlier) that we pay off up and including CC 4 then take the kids for a weekend to the Mall of America. Yep, that would be fun, we've done it before and it was a great experience for the entire family. I just can't justify spending $600+ knowing we are trying to pay off debt. Is it so hard to grasp the concept of sacrifice and saving for things you want? I'm tired of being in debt. I want to be free to go places and buy things without the "I can afford X monthly payments" mentality. I don't want payments, I want a huge savings account. I want to build wealth and leave a legacy for my children. I want to be able to leave my grandchildren money for college. I want my children to learn that debt is dumb. I want to be able to pay for their college...

No comments:

Post a Comment