Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A good Map

I've already spent 51% of the state check. I paid off my credit card and started the emergency fund savings account. The federal money should be here on Friday so I'm going to have a GREAT weekend paying off debt!!

I almost booked a vacation yesterday...I sooooo deserve one! Hubby talked me out of it wanting to stick to the original debt repayment plan :(

I'm so glad the Baby Steps are written like a good map. There is even an "expanded baby steps" to break down each step into even smaller steps (for those of us who seem to be climbing the ladder of success ever so slowly).

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. We attend a small church that is out in the middle of nowhere and has less than 200 members. For such a small congregation it never ceases to amaze me what a diverse group we are. Although the members range from poverty stricken to beyond wealthy, we really are a family...feuding included. For the most part it is a very healthful place for me. I look forward to the Lenten season each year. Hearing God's word more than once a week brings me such peace.

There's another reason I would like to live in a larger city. I could likely attend a church service of my denomination everyday. I just am so much more at peace at church (even when the boys are crawling over, under, and around the pew).

No comments:

Post a Comment