Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting it Together

After talking with Hubby last night I still do not feel very reassured. I explained to him my feelings of wanting to live on Mac & Cheese to destroy our debt. He wanted to know exactly what that entailed.

I said no personal allowances, no 'blow money', no eating out, no extras AT ALL for six months minimum. Then I reminded him that spring is coming and he gave his Taylor Made driver to our daughter last year so he 'needs' a new one, and other little things that he may not realize...it's the little things that, if not prepared, can through you off he tracks faster than anything. Your first trip grocery shopping when you realize you DON'T get to stop for the latte you usually have, or having to come home and make supper even though you passed McDonald's on the way home and the kids begged you to stop.

I remember when I was on my own with #3. I was receiving welfare payments. When the money was gone, that was it. There was no credit card to buy X with. Every month we made it. Why is that so hard now? Should I not be able to deposit all of Hubby's paychecks into one account and withdraw a certain amount on the first of the month? For most people getting a month ahead to be able to do this would be hard, with our tax refund, it would be so easy.

Guess that means it's time for a new budget...again. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment