Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Settled Down (a little bit!)

I've relaxed a bit after my rant the other night. So maybe selling his pickup is not in our best interests right now...but $3000 cash just gets my juices flowing!!

So now I am back into my 'follow the budget and everything will be fine' mode of thinking. Nothing short of winning a major lottery will make this debt go away over night. I just have to remember that every little step counts and as long as we continue to chip away at it steadily the results will be noticeable.

I have to remember that our payments from both federal and state governments will be enough to not only catch us up but to pay a significant portion of our credit card debt.

I start to get worked up when I think about paying off this first $15,375.19 and knowing we have nearly twice as much in student loan debt to pay AFTER that. I wonder how people stay focused on the finish line when it is so far away.

I hear of people sacrificing luxuries for years to pay off debt...how? I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 12 months and people have done this for YEARS? That's what I call dedication.  I have no doubts that we will get all this debt paid, I only wonder when will we be able to sit back, relax and finally not have any regular monthly payments other than utilities!

Pay day was today, maybe that's why I have been able to relax a bit. I love payday!

Tomorrow is Faith's due date. Although I am at peace with her passing, I miss her terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment