Saturday, February 13, 2010

YAY!!

We received our state check today...aaahhhhhhhh. Can you feel the relief? All I'm going to do is deposit $1000 into an online savings account and let the rest sit until the federal check shows up. I think taking one step at a time as opposed to doing everything at once will be good for me. This way it's not going to feel like nothing was done. A succession of activities will be more psychologically rewarding.

I do wonder a little if I should only deposit $500 in to the emergency fund to quicken the pace a little...it only changes the 'finish line' by one month. I highly doubt that paying the extra $500 now would make me feel better than the anxiety shorting our savings account would cause. I guess that answers my question doesn't it?!

I am very happy that the federal payment will come at the same time (or close enough) to payday. Essentially I will have new decisions to make as far as who will get what money at payday as most of the credit cards slated for payment with the second paycheck will be paid already. The same amount of money will be going out each month, just where the money will be going is going to change.

We will be paying out $450/month for 15 months to complete Baby Step Two. Although we could hurry it up by using the third paycheck of the month he will receive twice this year, that money will be used for property taxes, home owners insurance, and Christmas shopping.

Time for a new budget again. Most of it I know by heart, I just need it in writing to actually show my brain that we'll be okay! I'll let you know how it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment