Sunday, February 1, 2009

The plan

Hubby has agreed to pay $750.00 every two weeks for me to continue to pay the bills. I have run the numbers and that will be enough to have all our bills paid plus money for the little things (gas, toiletries, basketball game admission, school 'stuff', and whatever else we need the rest of the time.

It amazes me how much of a different outlook I have towards finances during this car wreck of a week. Why haven't we done this in the past: deposit the $750 every other week to an account to pay bills and open a second account for spending money. I think having the one account for everything has been difficult and caused much stress between Hubby and I. Maybe that was one way I could have given him some control...

I have no idea how long this financial arrangement will carry on for. It is nothing official, just an agreement. I have been told by several people to file court papers at least for child support and temporary custody. I have no motivation to do this unless he decided to stop paying. To me this is another nail in the coffin of our marriage and I haven't even closed the lid yet. I also worry that beginning the legal process will only strengthen his resolve to file for divorce. At least in our state you have to live apart for 6 months before a divorce can be finalized...which would be on our ninth anniversary (not quite what I had planned).

Hopefully his last W-2 will come tomorrow so I can finally file our taxes. I cannot wait to get out from under these credit cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment