Saturday, February 28, 2009

IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!!!

Apparently all the planets were aligned yesterday in my universe. First, the mail-man came to the door and delivered me a box...the Financial Peace University kit I ordered on EBay three weeks ago finally showed up. I was so excited about digging in and getting to work.

Three hours later the UPS man came to the door with my inventory order! (I almost kissed him!) I couldn't wait to dig in to that one!

Then I had a thought...how telling that the same day Dave Ramsey takes over my life my largest business expense to date shows up?!

So, I opened my order, checked it for accuracy, updated my spreadsheet, and tried the Satin Lips product. I'd read about it and was SOOOO excited to try it because I have the most awful winter lips...ewww. WOW!! I knew immediately that I had to order more of those because once people tried them, there was no way they weren't going to order them! My lips felt like heaven!

Next thing I did was applied color to my face (finally, no more sample cards littering my bathroom! One of the bonuses I received was a complete set of make up (three eye shadows, eyeliner, a blush, lip liner, lipstick, lip gloss and brushes) chosen by the Company based on a profile you put in to the computer. I figured that they must know something about colors being as great as they are so i decided to use the colors they came up with.

I have never bought anything pink when it comes to make up and if somebody tried to see it to me I'd have laughed them off the face of the earth.; "Pink? Me? Are you Nuckin Futs?" Well, some Dusty Pink lip liner, Pink Shimmer Lipstick, and Melon Sorbet lip gloss and I am astounded!! Who knew pink could even look like this!

Today I tried the Microdermabrasion Set and was surprised and satisfied. I have never had microdermabrasion so I had no idea what to expect. I guess I was expecting something like a face scrub you buy at the store...umm no! As I applied Step One: Refine, it was like nothing I had ever experienced. It's almost like using a fine sandpaper...that sounds unpleasant; I just can't think of a more appealing description! I'll think of something...Step Two: Replenish felt so soothing on my freshly stripped skin...not stripped in a bad way, stripped of impurities and dead skin cells...good thing I'm not on their marketing decision team...'sand paper and stripped skin' probably wouldn't sell very many products!!

After using these products for less than a week I can already see and feel the difference in my skin. It is much more soft and looks great!

Immediately yesterday I called three friends to let them know I received my inventory and that they had to come try this Satin Lips. I almost sound like a damn salesman!!

I have two weeks until my Business Debut Party/Open House. I know I need to make some sales this week so I can buy more Satin Lips, Microdermabrasion Sets, and Satin Hands Pampering Sets. I also want to purchase samples to give out because I am convinced that after trying these products just once they will sell themselves!

My Sales Director sent out the monthly Unit Newsletter the other day. Of course being a new Independent Beauty Consultant nobody would expect to receive any recognition. There are various little recognitions for accomplishments in several areas. I have a really good chance of being at the top of the list for "Queen of Wholesale Production" for February...not bad for a newbie! I also had a $100 day. For each $100 day your name is put into a drawing...I had one of those in February too...

I was a little scared seeing the numbers of the other women in this unit. The numbers were not even close to what I plan to make...their numbers were about half of what I plan to do! Was I setting myself up for failure?? Were my goals unrealistic? No, I decided that I was just more driven and more determined to reach goals.

Of the people in our area that I know of who sell this product, not one of them is what I would consider active. They may be considered Independent Beauty Consultants, but they aer not business minded. It seems to me that they entered in to this business with the idea it would bring them money just by sitting back and waiting for the phone to ring with orders. Most of them place an order only every few months (usually to replenish their own needs...and oh, ya...do you need anything?)

Not me, I plan to THINK AND ACT LIKE A RETAILER. I am already talking to people, enlarging my network of friends, and pounding the pavement. I can't wait to get the business cards I ordered so I can hand them out with catalogs and samples! I plan to have an inventory available so my customers know that if they need or want something they can call and I can drop it off that day, or they can stop and pick it up any day of the week.

I WILL BE SUCCESSFUL, I WILL MAKE MONEY, I AM A POWERFUL WOMAN AND I AM FEARLESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment