Monday, March 9, 2009

Another Busy Day

Not quite sure why but today seemed to fly on by and I think I missed it!! I took #4 to the dentist for a cleaning and I think that's where my clock went awry. We didn't have to get up and go right away so we were just hanging out this morning and then we got back and it was nap time, snack time, and now it's already passed bed time! Whew...I like to stay busy!

I am ready for my Business Debut next Monday. I am so excited while a little nervous at the same time. What if nobody shows up, what if nobody buys anything? What if nobody books a show?

My sales director mentioned about starting to book shows and I said that I thought it best to wait until the debut. I don't want to seem too pushy and put people off. I also know that the week of the debut is going to be very busy...

I am going to Winnipeg to pick up #5 this weekend, the debut is Monday night, Tuesday is our unit meeting, Wednesday is church, and Friday I am going to the Career Conference. I think it's best to let things fall in to place for the time being while still promoting my business and learning the ropes.

I'm trying to figure out some sort of incentive program for encouraging people to book parties. I know Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, graduations and proms are all coming up in the next few months, then it's wedding season. I want to be able to book a few appointments in the very near future (up to and including the first week of April) and then some near the end of April to take advantage of the upcoming celebrations.

To start with I would like to have at least two bookings per month. That way I can get my feet wet and build confidence as I go. Depending on how the open house goes next week I may start holding one per week right off the bat, you just never know.

I think I would like to set up a quarterly open house, or maybe even twice a year. This way people wouldn't have the imposition of putting on a party and they would get to see the new products; we'll see.

One idea I saw in the training material is to set up a 'Mystery Hostess' show at my house and have a drawing to determine who receives the hostess rewards. Maybe I could do it at the church one day.

One of the 'show' ideas is to have a customer hold a 'Web Show' where there would be no actual party, the hostess would invite her friends and family to make purchases on my personal website on a specific day (usually a 24 hour period). I think this will work best for people who are already established customers.

Only time and will tell. I'm going to bed. I'll leave you tonight with a thought that has really helped easy my stress this past couple weeks.


"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?...Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Mathew 6:27,34)

No comments:

Post a Comment