Sunday, March 22, 2009

Living without cash

Now that Hubby has decided to not give me ANY cash, it is amazing how little my life has actually changed...this was quite the eye opening week for me.

He paid the mortgage payment ($264.41), the phone/internet, ($62.18), auto insurance ($64.21) and the furniture payment ($116.84).

When I mentioned things like toilet paper and diapers, he went out and purchased diapers and toilet paper...when I questioned his choice of diapers (Parent's Choice Brand) he commented that he could only buy what he could afford...rrrreeeeeeaaaaaaallly? So, your money only goes so far??? REALLY?? WOW!!

I have exactly $0.00 to spend on clothing, gas, dining out, entertainment, and whatever else people spend money on. It probably will come as a shock to Hubby that this is EXACTLY HOW I'VE BEEN LIVING FOR ALMOST A YEAR ALREADY!! The decision to no longer provide cash is a form of punishment. He is angry and hurt and does not have the intellectual ability to process his emotions in a manner other than that of a four year old...

On Wednesday, #3 told me she was out of hair gel and I needed to drive to the store (46 miles round trip) to pick some up. I told her that I did not have the cash available to make the purchase so she could chose to use my products, go without, call and ask her dad to pick some up for her, or use her own money to buy it (at triple the price) at the local convenience store. She did call her dad who couldn't help because he was out of town for work. I know she hasn't been using my products so I guess she's learning to live without! As for my products...I only use product on my hair on 'special occasions'. I have one bottle of spray gel that has lasted me almost four months already...not many special occasions going on in my world!!

Now that Hubby is back in town, I did ask him for garbage bags and coffee. I then told him that I will not be reduced to begging for the things we need in this house. I have filed for child support and have made the decision to cut wherever I can until the courts make their decision. He says that whatever bills he pays will be counted as child support by the court. Well, I called and the money he pays towards "certain necessities will be taken in to account when determining his arrears." I can't imagine any judge being impressed by his behavior!

I was also told that it can take MONTHS for the courts to make a decision. It amazes me that there are not faster reliefs in place for situations such as mine. I called the county and was told I have to drive to their office to reapply for benefits based on not getting any money from Hubby. I asked if they were going to send me a check. The worker, of course, said no. I asked if she was going to pick me up, and was again told no. Well then, how did she expect me to pay for gas to drive the 90 mile round trip? I am still waiting for an answer. Maybe by tomorrow (Monday) she'll have an answer...I sure hope so because I am out of food stamps and need milk and bread...the closest food shelf is a 46 mile round trip.

Let me get this straight...I have no money for food. The county requires me to drive 90 miles to apply for assistance. I cannot feed my children (or myself) yet they expect me to, what, pee in the gas tank???

I tell you what though, I sure am anxious to get to the end of the month and do the autopsy for March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment