Wednesday, March 4, 2009

HI HO HI HO...nah, off to work is way too much to ask!

Last night was my first Unit Meeting at the house of our Independent Sales Director. Finally I get to meet the woman with whom I've traded 56 e-mails in less than three weeks. It was almost humorous that most of what she wanted to go over I already knew from reading through the information sent with my Starter Kit and doing research on the company website.

There was one other New Recruit who hadn't had the opportunity to become one with her kit! I almost apologized...I did explain that I was a Stay at Home Mom...without kids three full days per week with #5 being in Canada!

I don't think my director understands how much time I have on my hands right now nor the absolute need to occupy my mind with productive activities!

Today I mailed out 80 invitations to my Business Debut Party set for March 16. I have some in my purse to hand out at church tonight (to save a stamp).

Today I purchased a cell phone to replace the one I had under Hubby's plan....kinda feel like a big girl now; an individual bank account the other day, a phone today...what's next, a new car?? No, I'm just going to earn one of those from the Company! I am looking forward to purchasing some new clothes though!

On the subject of clothes...when I began my business I decided that I wanted to feel good about myself again and to begin to rebuild my self esteem. It's amazing how skincare and make-up can make a person feel. Within a day or two I knew I couldn't wait to start 'dressing the part.' Since then I have not once worn my nursing scrubs in public! I went to J C Penney's and found a great skirt on sale for under $10, bought some nylons, found the dress pants tucked WAY in the back of my closet, and went from there.

My thought is that I can 'look' my way to feeling better; how can I not feel a sense of pride when I look this good?! There are still stresses with our family situation right now that I am dealing with. It's only been a month since Hubby moved out. I think I have come to the conclusion that moping around with nothing to do isn't going to help anything so I better do something! I love it when people tell me, "Wow, you look great today."

"Thank you, I just became an Independent Beauty Consultant, here's my card! I'm having a Business Debut Party March 16th, you should stop by and see all the great new stuff they have!"

OMG, I've lost my f'n mind!! I'M A SALESMAN!!! NooooOOOOooooo

I guess there are worse things; I could be a congressman or senator. Well actually no, I can't. You see I am not a United Sates citizen. I am a Permanent Resident Alien...what a ridiculous sounding title.

When I went to pick up #4 from school today I walked into the classroom and one of his little friends says, "WOW!! #4's MOM" I said, "Hi Nathan, it's good to see you today." A few minutes later on of the Paraprofessionals came over and whispered in my ear, "Just so you know, those three little boys over there think you are hot." HAHAHA

Apparently they were trying to figure out which one would marry me! The teacher laughed when one finally asked for my hand and I told him I was already married. I looked over to the teacher and smiled as I snickered, "check back in six months." LOL

Well, off to church I go. I'm going to take my Satin Hands Pampering Set with me just to start spreading the word a bit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment